Even if you don’t receive the books on time, print out a copy of the book jacket, put it into a card and stuff it in those stockings, Hanukkah cards or whatever appropriate holiday wrap suits your needs. There’s something here for every pet lover on your list or even as a special treat for yourself. Enjoy!
Five Books for Animal Lovers
- Emory’s Gift by W. Bruce Cameron, author of the New York Times bestseller, A Dog’s Purpose brings together an unlikely pair in a grieving 13-year old named Charlie and a very unusual bear. This is a tale of faith, trust and unconditional love to please every reader on your list.
- Rin Tin Tin by Susan Orlean is the true story of the dog(s) that swept into our hearts, captured a nations imagination and made us believe in heroes reflects our collective cultural mores through war and peace, through childhood and through memories. This book is makes a wonderful gift for anyone who lived through the Rin Tin Tin years, pet owner or not.
- Hiss of Death, A Mrs. Murphy Mystery by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown is the first in a brand new mystery series featuring the sleuthing cat duo of Mrs. Murphy and Pewter, who along with their human, Mary Minor “Harry” Haristeen and their corgi pal, Tee Tucker, sniff out and solve murder. This is sure to be a hit with the mystery lovers on your list.
- Ocean Soul by Brian Skerry and a foreword by Dr. Gregory Stone is a love story in photos. Brian Skerry is a photojournalist for National Geographic covering marine wildlife and underwater environments. This stunning book makes a vivid impression and allows readers to see marine life they may never in a way that is breathtaking. For your coffee table book loving friends, children, and nature lovers.
- War Horse by Michael Morpurgo hits movie theaters on Christmas Day from award winning director Steven Spielberg. The movie tie-in art on the jacket of this epic tale will entice even reluctant readers to dive in and lose themselves in this story of the bond between animals and people. For a tale that will be the talk of the holiday season, this paperback movie-art edition is the perfect stocking stuffer.
What are your favorite pet books? We’d love to know.